Applications for the new role of AIHC Co-Convenor must be received by Monday, August 14 in order to be considered for the 2023-2024 Election. There are two (2) positions available.
About the Position
The AIHC Co-Convenors are new positions which have been established in the new AIHC Organizational Structure. AIHC Co-Convenors have a national leadership and strategic role similar to the role of a President or Chair in other national professional organizations.
The AIHC Co-Convenor responsibilities include:
- Strategic planning and setting priorities in collaboration with the Collaboration Hub.
- Representing AIHC at national and international level.
- Being a spokesperson for AIHC.
- Chairing Collaboration Hub meetings and ensuring communication is ongoing.
- Seeking consensus within the Collaboration Hub.
- Communicating with the National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education to coordinate on shared projects/interests/priorities.
- Working in collaboration with other associations related to interprofessional practice and education.
- Engaging with all Collaboratives and Committees.
- Respecting diversity, equity and inclusion of members.
The AIHC Collaboration Hub Co-Convenors lead and ensure the successful functioning of the new AIHC Collaboration Hub, consisting of Collaborative and Committee Co-Facilitators, National Center for Interprofessional Practice & Education Liaison and Staff, and Student and Community Representatives. The Collaboration Hub is responsible for identifying and monitoring the progress of priority areas and strategic initiatives, supporting and facilitating collaboration of committees, developing standard AIHC operating procedures, and addressing day-to-day operations.
AIHC Co-Convenors are elected to two (2) year terms through an all-member vote. Election of the two positions will alternate years. For the initial implementation, one Co-Convenor will be elected for a three (3) year term, the other for a two (2) year term. Co-Convenors elected by the AIHC membership in August 2023 will assume their responsibilities beginning September 1, 2023.
To be an AIHC Co-Convenor, individuals must:
- have an active (paid) AIHC membership.
- have been a Co-Chair of an AIHC committee or workgroup; OR have held another similar leadership role in AIHC.
- be able to devote a significant amount of time to AIHC. (Consideration will be given to Individuals’ time commitments to large roles in other associations).
Individuals are able to self-nominate. An electronic AIHC all-member vote will take place from Thursday, August 17 through Thursday, August 24, 2023 .
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about the status of your membership.