As the professional community of the National Center, the American Interprofessional Health Collaborative is committed to advancing the field of interprofessional practice and education. One important strategy is to support activities that advance scholarship through interprofessional learning. AIHC has created a special Affiliate designation for conferences that uphold interprofessional rigor and values.
To see current AIHC Affiliate Conferences, visit the National Center conference and events page.
Benefits of AIHC Affiliate Conference Designation include:
- Promotion of conference on the “conferences and events” section of the National Center website with Affiliate Conference designation
- Features on National Center monthly communication and social media and AIHC member communications
- Use of AIHC logo on conference website and program documents
- Sample press release announcing AIHC Affiliate Conference designation that can be used to promote the event
Program Criteria For AIHC Affiliate Conference Designation
- Mission and goals are consistent with AIHC mission and goals to transform learning, policies, practices, and scholarship toward an improved system of health and wellness for individual patients, communities, and populations
- Advances interprofessional practice and education and is interprofessional in nature (see World Health Organization definition below)
- Presentations are peer-reviewed
Interprofessional Education and Interprofessional Collaborative Practice Definitions
The World Health Organization’s definition of interprofessional education is “when (students from) two or more professions learn about, from, and with each other to enable effective collaboration and improve health outcomes” (WHO, 2010). They define interprofessional collaborative practice as occurring “when multiple health workers from different professional backgrounds provide comprehensive services by working with patients, their families, caregivers and communities to deliver the highest quality of care across settings” (WHO, 2010). These two definitions guide the qualifying criteria for AIHC Affiliate Conference expectations.
AIHC members can submit an online application on behalf of their institution or organization’s conference. A copy of the conference application can be downloaded for your reference. A $75 application fee is waived for all AIHC institutional members. Individual members will be prompted to submit payment as part of the application process.
As a Designated Affiliate Conference, AIHC appreciates your organization’s commitment to:
- Recognize AIHC Affiliate Conference designation during podium activities
- Include AIHC membership flyer at conference registration or at a featured table
- Use the AIHC Affiliate Conference logo in online and printed material about the event
- Include AIHC and National Center in social media posts to extend your reach as we share your content (@nexusipe, #AIHCaffiliate, #nexusipe)
- Submit a post conference report including metrics, photos and a short meeting summary that can be used in AIHC and National Center marketing.
Interprofessional Continuing Education
The National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education is a Jointly Accredited Provider of Interprofessional Continuing Education Credit, accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
As a Jointly Accredited Provider, the National Center is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program.
Additionally, the National Center is accredited to provide Interprofessional Continuing Education Credit for all members of the healthcare team.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering interprofessional continuing education accreditation of your upcoming conference or are interested in learning more.